FLL Sample Questions
These questions are not a comprehensive list. If you are a team member or mentor, please look for other resources
to suplement this. Your judges could ask all or none of these questions. They are just meant to get the ball rolling. If
you are a judge, always think of your own questions, too and consult your Judge Adviser for more information.
Also: Many of these questions should be answered without the judges needing to ask. Try to cover as much of these
questions (and other potential questions) during the presentation.
- What problem are you solving?
- What solutions already solve this problem?
- How did you learn about _______________? How did you find out that _______________ is a problem?
- Did you meet with any experts? What did they help you with (problem identification, feedback on solution, etc.)?
- Did you share your project with anyone? What feedback did they give you, if any?
- If you could share your project with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
- What is unique about your project? Why is your solution better?
- Have you made any progress towards implementing your solution? What are your obstacles?
- When do you need to fix your robot? How often? What breaks the most and how do you fix it?
- Where did you get inspiration for your design? How did you think of this design?
- Do you use any sensors? If yes, which sensors do you use? If no, do you encounter any issues as a result of not using sensors?
- Can you walk through some of your programs, showing what they do?
- Do you use comments on your programs? If yes, how do these help you? If no, how do you keep track of progress and who does what on the program?
- What is unique or different about your robot? What is something fun about it?
- Where did your team name come from? Shirt design (and any other aspects of team identity)?
- How do you have fun as a team?
- How do you use FLL core values outside of your team?
- Who does what on your team?
- Do you always agree? How do you resolve disagreement?
- How does your team show Gracious Professionalism?
- Do you work with any other teams? How do they help you and how do you help them?
- Do you mentor any younger teams? Do any older teams help you?